Hydro Project Experience
PEM’s experience includes services at the following hydro plant locations:
Dix Dam, KY
Fairfield Hydro, SC
Goat Rock Dam, GA
Grand Coulee Dam, WA
Gulf Island Station, ME
Tallulah Falls Hydro, GA
Keokuk Hydro, IA
Kerr Dam, MT
Ninety-Nine Island Hydro, SC
Parker Dam, CA
Rocky Mountain, GA
Shasta Dam, CA
White Rapids Station, MI
Duke Power / American Hydro Corporation | Balance of Plant Services
- Through OEM American Hydro Corporation, PEM was selected to provide turnkey upgrade and modification services for four horizontal turbine/generator units at Duke’s Ninety-Nine Island hydro facility. Services included the replacement of runners, shafts and wicket gates in addition to all balance of plant mechanical piping systems. Due to schedule constraints, upgrades for all four units were performed simultaneously to minimize downtime.
- Balance of plant support included providing project management, supervision and craft personnel to accomplish the removal of existing systems and installation of new governor equipment, compressed air, water and lubricant systems.
PPL Corporation | Turbine Generator Services
- PEM provided unit inspections, maintenance and turnkey project services for turbine/generator overhauls and upgrades at PPL’s Holtwood hydro facility. Services included project management, technical support, outage scheduling, site supervision and mechanical craft personnel.
- Project scope included dewatering, disassembly and reassembly of all new and renovated turbine/generator components, unit inspection, alignment and installation of the new/refurbished turbine shaft, runner, servo-motors and wicket gates.
Oglethorpe Power Corporation | Contract Maintenance & Skilled Craft Labor Support
- Since 1998, PEM has provided contract maintenance support and skilled craft to Oglethorpe Power at the 1050 MW producing Rocky Mountain pumped storage hydro facility. PEM continues to provide supplemental skilled craft and craft supervision in support of the station’s overhaul and upgrade of three pumped storage units.
- PEM provides plant maintenance support with experienced supervision and craft personnel to supplement the facility maintenance group. PEM field crews support maintenance with mechanical and electrical system repairs/uplifts, general maintenance, controls & instrumentation systems and outage-associated maintenance projects.
For more information about our hydro services, please contact