Nuclear Project Experience
PEM Nuclear Clients
Southern Nuclear Operating Company
STP Nuclear Operating Company
Tennessee Valley Authority
Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Company
Duke Energy | System-wide Turbine Services Agreement
- Since 2004 PEM has held a system-wide turbine generator contract supporting the turbine/generator, turbine valves and auxiliary system inspections and repairs at all three of Duke’s nuclear sites.
- Several large, simultaneous and complex steam turbine generator outages have been completed under this alliance agreement, involving project management, technical direction, supervision, craft labor, service shop repairs, vibration analysis, generator specialists, on-site machining and coordination of numerous other subcontractors.
Entergy Operations | Technical & Craft Labor Augmentation
- Since 1998, PEM has provided Entergy with technical and craft labor augmentation under a system-wide contract.
- Support included management oversight, technical directors, technical support, craft supervision, turbine technicians, operators and riggers.
ALSTOM | Planned Maintenance Outage & Emergent Project Support
- PEM performed the removal, inspection, repair and reassembly of the HP rotor during a planned maintenance outage at Callaway Nuclear Station under the direction of ALSTOM’s engineering staff.
- PEM responded to an emergent repair job with craft labor and supervision supporting warranty work on the high pressure (HP) rotor installed during a retrofit project at Fort Calhoun Nuclear Station. PEM also provided craft labor and supervision that performed the retrofit installations of two LP turbines, again under the direction of ALSTOM’s engineering staff.