The following are select projects that highlight the benefit of implementing Team One’s scaffold management program.
NPPD-Cooper Nuclear Station | Scaffold Management Program
Team One provided Excel scaffolding material, craft supervision and general labor and work order planning and scheduling in support of Cooper refueling outages, including the installation and removal of scaffolding packages. Team One also provided permanent shielding for drywell RRS and RWCU. The innovative shielding was designed around the reactor vessel penetrations to allow penetration doors to open freely, even with permanent shielding installed. The shielding structure allows for construction of temporary scaffold off the permanent scaffold to easily build platforms for ISO nozzle inspections. Our Program yielded the following results:
- 20% reduction in total number of scaffold builders
- 20% reduction in total number of scaffold person-hours
- Total overall exposure savings of 2 rem from previous refueling outage
- Zero nuclear or personnel safety-related incidents
Exelon-Quad Cities Generating Station | Condenser Retrofit Project
Team One provided a comprehensive scaffold management program in support of Exelon’s Quad Cities Condenser Retrofit Project during the plant’s spring 2010 refueling outage, in conjunction with in-house facility personnel and WeldTech Services (WTS). Our team of 80 personnel developed a multi-phase approach based on the facility’s work scope. The project was completed safety, resulting in reduced costs and resource loads and increased efficiencies. Specific duties included the following:
- Provided a union-based craft workforce to plan, work and complete all schedule tasks including scaffold evolutions and general labor support
- Provided on-site scaffold training to both station personnel and contract craft personnel in liaison with the Local Union Hall
- Provided qualified Senior Project Management experienced with both WTS and Quad Cities operations and Exelon’s work procedures and guidelines
- Utilized proprietary, state-of-the art Excel scaffold equipment specifically designed to reduce complexity for construction and increase erection efficiencies, while mitigating radiation exposure & man-rem in accordance with ALARA principles.